Thursday, March 2, 2023

The Broken Vows (Daniel Hurst)

 

The Broken Vows
Daniel Hurst
⭐: 5/5

OKAY, THEN. If you were a fan of Verity and had the #TeamManuscript or #TeamLetter dilemma, this is one for you! Only with a new take by the time we learn of these things. No, I'm not giving too much away!

Pros: I cannot count the times I say, "oh my gosh!" While this book could come off predictable to a small degree, the wording and plotting felt so intricate and delicious that even if I knew what was going to happen, I'd forget I knew it until it did. Those are the best kinds of stories!

The character development is strong, given there are primarily 3 MCs all involved in one plot with many layers. This also means the plot development itself also had accolades to be sung about. I couldn't get enough!

Cons: I don't think this is necessarily a con, but this is my standard review format, so I'd say if cancer and/or cheating of any sort bothers you, you should think before you pick this up. I wasn't triggered by either despite having experienced both in one form or another.

Conclusion: if you want something full of revenge, manipulating, "things aren't always what they seem", and wow factors, pick this up like five minutes ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Finalists (David Bell)

  The Finalists David Bell ⭐: 4/5 Pros: great plot idea, loved the historical background, loved the diverse characters. I kind of had a feel...