Friday, March 3, 2023

The Housemaid (Freida McFadden)



The Housemaid
Frieda McFadden
 ⭐: 5/5

Pros: this did not end or go where I was certain it would, but that's not a bad thing in the least. It's difficult to describe pros without spoilers, so let's say that one may be a bit annoyed with what I'm going to list in the cons, but that they're worth being annoyed over when all is said and done.

Cons: first, I'm allergic to peanuts and we have a jar in our kitchen. This was made to be a huge deal. It isn't. It isn't hard to avoid the jar or potential cross-contamination. Second, I was annoyed with all the romance. Wasn't this supposed to be a thriller? Last, there are some words that get used over and over in paragraphs and that is a little annoying to me, but all the same, points were made.

Conclusion: the cons are absolutely worth dealing with for the pros. Read that again and maybe you'll catch my drift. Read this book and see what you think for yourself. As for myself, I'll definitely be thinking about this for a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Finalists (David Bell)

  The Finalists David Bell ⭐: 4/5 Pros: great plot idea, loved the historical background, loved the diverse characters. I kind of had a feel...