Thursday, February 24, 2022

Jenelyn's Journey (E.E. Byrnes) - Review




Jenelyn’s Journey: The Werewolf of Wittlich
E.E. Byrnes
⭐: 5/5

Pros: I've not seen a plot quite like this before. It's original and unique and isn't your typical werewolf folklore and predictable story by any means. The way Byrnes wrote Jenelyn (MC), who has such a full heart of love and grit despite apprehension and a lack of world experience, made me fall head over heels in love with her!

Another reason I fell in love with her was because Jenelyn's family traditions can be described as nomadic, but not in a typical sense. I related to this, as I've been a bit of a nomad myself and can fully understand the nervousness that comes when it's time to move along.

I also love the relationships she forged, as well as the overall plot and character development.

Cons: if you're not a fan of book hangovers, skip over this one, as it will leave you with it and it will hurt so good! I'm incredibly excited for the next book in the series!

Conclusion: if you're craving a new sort of take on legends combined with a "coming of age" sort of feel, you would enjoy this book. The growth of Jenelyn is difficult not to admire and adore, as well as the lore within is too tempting to resist!


Catch an interview with E.E. Brynes on our Facebook Page, Wordy Nerd Reviews  !

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Finalists (David Bell)

  The Finalists David Bell ⭐: 4/5 Pros: great plot idea, loved the historical background, loved the diverse characters. I kind of had a feel...